Book that can be use is Samaha, J. Criminal Procedure, 10th, Cengage.
Chapter 1 - U.S. v. Apple
- Exactly what is Apple interrogation for in its disturbance?
- List Apple's arguments to maintenance its disturbance.
- Some of the best lawyers in the state crafted these masterful arguments on twain sides of the balancing imaginary. Recall that balancing refers to securing common prophylactic for the healthy order suitableness enriching the volition and retreat of entire peculiar in the order (see p. 6). Assume you're the authority who has to administration on where to impel the pit. Announce your resolution, and transcribe an impression explaining it.
Chapter 2 - Rochin v. California
- Why did the police actions disobey Rochin's due system?
- Does the police pass in this condition "shock your integrity"? Why or why not?
- Are "shocks the integrity," offending the "community's understanding of just enact and modesty," "traditions and integrity of our persons," and "those canons of modesty and justness which direct the notions of impartiality of English momentous personss" purely a stuff of peculiar impression, or are they extrinsic proofs? Explain.
- Summarize how Impartiality Frankfurter defines and defends the primary justness dogma.
- Summarize how Impartiality Black defines and defends the division dogma.
- Which dogma is emend? Back up your counter-argument after a while the postulates of the condition and the arguments of the preponderance and concurring impressions.
Chapter 5 - Graham v. Connor
- List all the peculiar uses of hardness by the officers.
- State the measure that the Court adopted for determining whether the use of hardness disobeyd the Fourth Amendment.
- How does the Court's measure vary from the proof that the Court of Appeals applied in the condition?
- Why did the Court substitute the measure? Which proof do you predilection? Explain your counter-argument.
- If you were applying the proofs to the postulates of this condition, what resolution would you obtain? Defend your counter-argument.
Chapter 6 - Young v. City of Radcliff
- List all the postulates and requisite appropriate to interrogating whether law enforcement officers disobeyd Young's effect of retreat in his settlement.
- Summarize the court's interrogating and in applying of the peculiar retreat/ common prophylactic imaginarys pit.
- In your impression, was Stephen Young "innocent"? Defend your counter-argument.