Read Chapter 25
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
United States History
Just from $13/Page
When you have completed the chapter, select one of the prompts below and post a thoughtful and complete answer in your own words (absolute minimum 1 paragraph). Respond to one classmate who selected a different prompt than yours.
- After reading Chapter 25, do you think the United States or the Soviet Union was primarily to blame for beginning the Cold War, or were they equally at fault? Explain.
2. One of the major events during the Korean War was president Harry Truman’s firing of general Douglas MacArthur. Does MacArthur’s removal make sense, or do you think President Truman made the wrong decision?
3. In what ways did the Second World War shape the growing civil rights concerns at home? How do you think white veterans might have been impacted in this area by their wartime experiences?
ALL CLASS QUESTION:
1) Watch this short video ( 14 minutes) and think about what the Berlin wall meant to Americans during the Cold War. What did it mean to the world?
2) Record your reactions to the last part of the video when the wall comes down. What did you feel? What do you think the world felt at this moment?