Over the course of the semester, you have learned about a variety of theories and concepts related to prejudice and discrimination. In this final paper, you will identify and evaluate these concepts in terms of their value and effectiveness. You will examine which theories and concepts you found to be most personally relevant, as well which you would consider most useful and applicable in overcoming prejudice and discrimination.
Your paper must be typed, double-spaced, using a size 12 font and be free of spelling and grammatical errors. You must write in full and complete sentences (i.e., do not use bullet points, lists, or outlines).
Your paper must be written in your own words. Do not copy and paste text from other sources, as this is a violation of academic honesty.
You must address each of the essay questions in the order presented, making certain to number each response in relation to the question you are addressing. Please make certain to begin each question on a new line of text and do not copy and paste the question into the body of your paper.
Concepts to Apply
· Week 6: Internal and external locus of control
· Week 7: Personal effectiveness and choice theory
1. In your own words, please define what is meant by the concept of personal effectiveness. Next, select one of the videos presented in Week 7 and explain why it represents a good example of this concept, in action. Please provide specific examples from the video and course material to support your response.
2. Over the last 7 weeks, you have read several sections and chapters from the book, Lies My Teacher Told Me. For this question, please summarize what you have learned based on these readings – citing at least one, specific example from the book to support your response.
3. Reflecting on all the concepts, theories, readings and lectures we have covered over the last seven weeks, identify which portion of the course material stands out to you the most. In other words, what is the “take away” from this course that you are likely to remember long after the class has ended? Please be specific in identifying this concept as well as why you find it so meaningful.
4. Looking back on your own perceptions of prejudice and discrimination at the beginning of this course, please discuss the ways your ideas may have changed over the last seven weeks. Please be specific in describing if, and how, your awareness about prejudice and discrimination has changed and in what ways.
5. Finally, please evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of this course by sharing what aspects you found to be most valuable and which aspects you feel need improvement. Your observations and insights are very important and will be taken into consideration.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more