Posted: October 27th, 2022
Using the text, Have a Nice Conflict, analyze a personal conflict you have experienced in the last
12-18 months. Include the following in your analysis:
• Answer: What is conflict? What is relationship awareness theory?
• Describe your conflict.(will use a personal example of a conflict or difficult conversation or negotiation that you participated in or observed)
Analyze the conflict using the core five principles of anticipate, prevent, identify, manage and
resolve (as outlined in the textbook).
Include the following observations as you write your paper:
• SDI & Motivational Values:
o What motivational value systems were you operating with?
o What about the other person/party – what was their motivational value system?
o What do you think were the intentions of the other person/party? Why does this
• How did you and/or the other person shift in MVS as the conflict escalated (three stages) or
could have escalated?
• Based on what you have learned in the textbook, classroom lectures, activities, and your
own SDI assessment, how could this conflict have been prevented, or been more effectively
4 references from this book and 2 more academic resources
Scudder, T., Patterson, M. & Mitchell, K. (2011). Have a nice conflict: How to find success and satisfaction in the most unlikely places. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.