ESSAY MUST BE 3 AND A HALF PAGES LONG . ITS ABOUT PROJECT APOLLO ( FIRST MAN ON THE MOON)
Upload at least 3 full and MLA-formatted essay pages, including a Works Cited page at the end (with at least 3 articles found through MDC’s Online Library databases) and no more than 20% similarity with outside sources, before 11:59PM.
Write a cause-and-effect essay discussing a historical event. Be sure to focus on either the cause(s) or the effect(s) of the event. Also, try to focus your paper on a specific event. For example, instead of writing about the Second World War, you should focus on a moment in that war, such as the attack on Pearl Harbor. Remember to be specific and detailed in your writing. Some things you might want to think about:
- What was the causal chain that led to the event?
- What were the ramifications of the event?
- How is the world different because of it?
- Students will practice different types of invention strategies.
- Students will appeal to the emotions of their audience in their own essays.
- Students will write effective introductions.
- Students will experiment with analytical skills.
- Students will practice cause and effect.
- The most important thing is that you fully use your analytical skills in using the appropriate rhetorical structure.
- I will be looking to see how well you appeal to your audience, as well as how well you stress the logical and emotional aspects of your association with the person/place. I will also be looking for the use of opening and concluding strategies.
- The style will be formal, and I want to see how well you can utilize the conventions of Standard American English.
- I will be looking to see how well you incorporate cause and effect into your essay.
- I will focus on the quality of your introduction.
- I am not looking for grammatical perfection, but the essay must be readable and free of mechanical errors that distract your reader.