- Type of paperCoursework
- Number of pages2
- Format of citationAPA
- Number of cited resources4
- Type of serviceWriting
Instructions and Scenario uploaded
Tackling the Application & Insight Exercises
1. When clicking on the Application & Insights exercises you will notice that you can read the scenario or situation prior submitting it. The intention is for you to think, research and review the textbook before answering. You can even start writing before you click on “Submit Assignment”.
2. Once you click on “Submit Assignment” the clock starts ticking and you have 15 minutes to submit it. You can do a copy and paste of the answer you wrote or upload a Word document. Make sure that you review your answer using the rubric I provided. Since you will be answering in short-essay format you need to follow APA style to provide citations and references.
· How to answer the scenarios from the Application & Insights assignments.
. The first suggestion I can make is that this class is not a traditional course. The scenarios you have to answer do not have a direct answer from the textbook. This means that the answer you are looking for is not directly in the chapter. The answer is an interpretation of what you read.
1. Conceptual Understanding – here you have to prove that you understand what the scenario is asking from you and how could it relate to the chapter or chapters you have read. It is expected that you read at least a chapter per week.
1. Identifies Issues/problems – here you have to list what is the main problem being addressed and if there are others that could be hidden or could arise based on your proposed solution. If you read chapter 1 this is a skill associated with planning.
1. Connections to theory and practice- this course expects you and requires you use in-narrative citations in your answers. This means that you need to use APA style to show the references from the textbook and external sources. I suggest you use the college library and its online journals or magazines to use as a source of information.
1. Referenced sources – since you are supposed to use APA format, once you have finished your answer you have to provide the complete list of references (bibliography) that you quoted in the narrative. Make sure to follow the APA guidelines for this.
1. Writing skills – this refers to proper grammar and syntax
1. SLO1 – this measures how much of the POLC framework you used in your response and how much you understand it
1. SLO4 – this measures if you can perceive how perceptions, personalities, attitudes, etc.; play a role in your scenario or solution
1. SLO7 – this section looks to see if you listed or thought about how to measure your solution. Each idea must be monitored for success or failure and have a plan B at least
No cover page or introduction page needed for this, only references in APA style
Scenario is as follows:
Times are tough at your organization, and, as the director of human resources, you have a problem. This company’s senior executives have decided that 10% of the payroll has to be cut immediately. Instead of laying off about 30 people, you would like to have everyone cut back their work hours by 10%. This way the payroll would be cut but everyone would get to keep their jobs. But you’ve heard that this idea isn’t popular with all the workers. Some are already grumbling that it’s a “bad idea” and the company is just for excuses “to cut wages”. How can you best handle this situation as a change leader?