You will write a 2 page review/abstract/summary on an article from a peer-
reviewed scholarly journal. This is to assess your ability to select and summarize
the research of others, analyze and apply the research of others, and communicate
professionally and effectively to their regard. However, the most important
rationale for this assignment is for you to see how statistical analysis is presented.
1. Use the library system (https://www.ucumberlands.edu/library) or online catalog to
locate a journal article that pertains to your research, thesis, or area of
interest. The article you chose should have performed some statistical
analysis of gathered data and made an inference using something other than
just the average (mean). That is, they can’t just talk about averages; they
must have used one of these tests: t-test, chi-square, F-test, Fischer test,
ANOVA, MANOVA, ANCOVA, Mann-Whitney, correlation, regression.
2. Read the article thoroughly.
3. Write a 2-page summary about the article following the given guidelines.
1. Your review should include:
a. The question/problem being researched by the author
b. The experiment that will answer the question
c. How they collected data
d. Analysis of the data (Must identify the statistical test used)
e. Their conclusion or findings
2. Your review can be single spaced or double spaced in at least 11 pt font.
3. You should make a bibliography to list the article you chose and practice APA
format. NOTE: The APA Guidelines address specifically how the reference
page is title and how articles are provided! Note: It is not called Bibliography.
4. Graphs or visual representations are not needed for this assignment.
5. A title page is not required, but you may include one if you want to practice
APA style. If you have a title page, your submission is 4 pages. If you do not
have a title page, your submission is 3 pages. Do not go over. There are
points associated with following the directions.
6. Your grade on these assignments will be based on the rubric below. FOLLOW