Click the tiles in the list below to put the following logical fallacies, taken from the news, in order. Then post your list, explaining your rationale for each one. Lastly, provide us with an example of one of these, and we’ll guess what type it is.
- “I just realized that if you listen to Carly Fiorina for more than ten minutes straight, you develop a massive headache. She has zero chance!”
- President Trump on immigration: “Democrats want Open Borders, which equals violent crime, drugs and human trafficking. They also want very high taxes, like 90%. Republicans want what’s good for America – the exact opposite!”
- “Gun killings fell by 40 percent after Connecticut passed this law.”
- “My father smoked four packs of cigarettes a day since age fourteen and lived until age sixty-nine. Therefore, smoking really can’t be that bad for you.”
- “Voluntary euthanasia leads to involuntary euthanasia and the killing of people who are thought undesirable.”
- Moderator: “Mr. President, you stated you wanted to keep AK-47s out of the hands of criminals. What has your administration done or their availability.” President Obama: “What can we do to intervene to make sure that young people have the opportunity, that our schools are working . . . .”
**These are the tiles below. Please provide the list below in order.**