A project for class Ist309. 3 hours for 5 pages
Mini-Project Assignment #1
Short Report on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and the Applications
Purpose of the Assignment:
This assignment has a two-fold purpose:
1. To keep you update of the current development of information technologies for management.
2. To build up your skills in searching, summarizing and presenting information in an effective manner.
Requirements of the Assignment:
Identify two related articles published RECENTLY that describe/discuss the topic of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and the Applications. One article should be ONLY published on the Internet, and the other article should be ORIGINALLY published off the Internet (but, it may also be available on the Internet).
Write a short report in APA (American Psychology Association) style on the information technology discussed in the articles, which accounts 10% of your final grade.
The report should be word-processed in Times New Roman 12 pt font, with no less than FIVE double-spaced and numbered pages (with 1” margins on all sides), excluding figures, tables, or illustrations. Fewer pages will result in points deduction. It should include the following parts:
· Your name and course information (in order to save paper, no cover page! Otherwise, some points will be taken off).
· Title of your report.
· Abstract of the report (single spaced and in between the title and the Introduction)
· Discussion on the main points and issues in the two articles via comparison and contrast.
· Your reasons of choosing the two articles, and your comments on them.
· References (correct citations in APA format for both articles, and other articles cited in the report, and not counted for the length requirement of the report).
· The articles should be technical articles written in layman language with few or no technical formulas and technical jargons. And, the articles should be as recent as possible.
Grades will be based on:
· The relevance and nature of the articles to the course (20%).
· The organization/structure of your report (30%).
· The content, quality, and clarity of your report (50%).
Please print and hand in your report at the end of the class on Monday, February 12, 2020.
* Late submission will result in a reduction of the report grade by 10% for each calendar day.