Posted: October 26th, 2022
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Just from $13/Page
This week students will be completing a narrated power point to discuss one of the following cases.
- Lisa McPherson Clearwater, Florida (1995)
- Terri Schiavo St. Petersburg, Florida (1990–2005)
- Nadya Doud-Suleman Bellflower, California (January 2009)
- Elodie Irvine v. Regents of the University of California 57 Cal.Rptr.3d 500, 149 Cal.App.4th 994 (2007) Court of Appeal State of California, Fourth Appellate District Division Three
First, students should pick one of the ethical cases above and create a power point presentation to address the following:
- What are the facts of the case? This should include: what do we need to know, who is involved in the situation, where does the ethical situation take place, and when does it occur? (3-4 slides)
- What is the precise ethical issue in regards to autonomy, nonmaleficence, beneficence, fidelity, and justice? (5-6 slides)
- Identify the major principles, rules, and values of the case. Values are sets of beliefs about good and bad, right and wrong, and about many other aspects of living and interacting in the society with others. A principle is a personal rule that governs personal behavior. A rule is generally imposed by a figure of authority, and used to guide and govern people. (3-5 slides)
- Is there legal ground for this case, state what they are? Who is at fault? What legal action should be taken? (2-4 slides)
- Are there alternative to the actions completed in this case by the parties involved? What could have been done to prevent the outcome of the case? (3-6 slides)
- If you were a member of the ethics committee at the facility the event happened, what action would you take in this case? (2-4 slides)
- As a healthcare professional, how did the outcome of the case make you feel? Does it align with your personal values and beliefs? Would caring for this patient be difficult? How do you separate your personal beliefs when completing your job? (4-6 slides)
For the presentation, insure information is referenced and cited in your slides. The presentation should start with a title slide and end with a reference slides. At least 3 references are required for this assignment. If you include pictures, your pictures should also be referenced and cited.
25-33 slides, and 8-15 minutes in length
Use the tips at http://www.garrreynolds.com/preso-tips/design/ to create the slideshow. Because good PowerPoints have very few words, submit a script that describes the content of each slide – about 50 words per slide. Place this script in a separate Word document that shows each slide number and the text for each slide as shown in the provided PowerPoint Slide Notes x.
Include a title page and reference page in APA style
References are required. You should include the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. You must include at least 5 pictures or graphics. All pictures or graphics taken from outside sources must be referenced and cited.
save your assignment as a Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt or .pptx)