College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Deadline: 05/03/2020 @ 23:59
Course Name: Intro to International Business
Course Code: MGT-321
Student’s ID Number:
Academic Year: 1440/1441 H
For Instructor’s Use only
Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/Out of
Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
· The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
· Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
· Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
· Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
· Late submission will NOT be accepted.
· Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
· All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
· Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
· All students are encouraged to use their own word.
· Assignment -1 should be submitted on or before the end of Week-07 in Black Board only.
· This assignment is an individual assignment.
· Citing of references is also necessary.
· Analyse the effects of culture, politics and economic systems in the context of international business (Lo 1.9 & 2.1)
· Carry out effective self-evaluation through discussing economic systems in the international business context (Lo. 3.6)
· Explain the forces driving and evaluate the impact of globalization (Lo 1.3)
Reread the Management Focus on “China and Its Guanxi”, available in your e-book (page no.110) and answer the follow questions:
Assignment Question(s): (Marks: 5)
1. Why do you think it is so important to cultivate guanxi and guanxiwang in China? (Mark:1)
2. What does the experience of DMG tell us about the way things work in China? What would likely happen to a business that obeyed all the rules and regulations, rather than trying to find a way around them as Dan Mintz does? (Marks:2)
3. What ethical issues might arise when drawing on guanxiwang to get things done in China? What does this suggest about the limits of using guanxiwang for a Western business committed to high ethical standards? (Marks:2)