Each student in the class will pick an original topic on ethics in IT and write a paper, create a mind map that will be used to present your topic. Some possible topics include cyberbullying, censorship, Two Factor Authentication, passwords, licensing, surveillance, mobile payments, Google, geotagging, workplace monitoring, spam, recognition software, identity theft, phishing, spyware, swiping, Big Data, consumer profiling, global positioning (GPS), NSA, Snowden, RFIDs, cookies, whistle blowers, computer malware – viruses, worms, Trojan horses, Hackers/ Crackers, encryption, E-waste or a topic of your choice. This assignment is worth 100 pts.
Requirements – paper and mind map
- In a 3-4 page APA formatted paper explain
what your ethics topic is about
give 3 current examples involving your ethics topics.
Why is your ethics topic important to individuals, IT professionals, business and government?W
- Your paper should be three to four pages of body (no more, no less), a cover page and a reference page
- Include at least 5 references (other than your text book) in APA format. At least three sources should be from a library resource subscription service from computer professional organizations (ex ACM, IEEE). You want articles that are peer reviewed. (Links to an external site.) When using the Wilmington University library databases be sure to look at Discovery How to guide (Links to an external site.) for help searching for peer reviewed articles.
- Evaluate, research, and cite specific examples from valid resources.
- Do not use blogs and advertisements..
The Mind Map:
- What is Mind Mapping? (Links to an external site.)
- The easiest way to make a mind map is to create it using one PowerPoint slide adding photos and graphics to make it very visual
- The mind map will describe your ethics topic and will be the only visual aid that you will use to present your ethics topic.
- Your mind map should include graphics and photos with few words. The graphics and photos are to be used as prompts for your video presentation.
Please attach an submit your paper and your mind map in this assignment link. Look at the rubric for specific requirements and pertinent grading information.