Posted: October 27th, 2022
Write your Cover Letter according to the recommendations given in class/digital class.
Your cover letter must include:
a) three Paragraphs:
1. Introduction: with the purpose of the letter, job to apply for, how the person learned about the job, a brief idea of the company’s mission and how the writer will help the company in one sentence.
2. Argument: containing at least 2 skills and abilities of the candidate with well-supported by evidence of past jobs, and a connection with how they can help the company to achieve its mission.
3. Closing Paragraph: with a brief re-statement of abilities or interest, thanking the reader, invitation to see enclosed résumé and information about when/how to be reached.
b) friendly, formal language. Use an appropriate language and the expressions given in class/ digital class by your teacher in weeks 1 and 2 (Cover letter and résumé useful phrases document and Digital Class/ PPT).
c) the heading provided in the Cover Letter Models: Check cover letter models in week 2.
d) at least 325- 350 words: a cover letter fulfilling all the sections given, contains at least this amount of words.
Any attempt to copy content of different sections from partners or the models given will void your task, and you will automatically receive 0 in your assignment.
NOTE: Every file has been uploaded in Box for your convenience.
All the Turn In shall be uploaded in Edmodo.
Notice that all the subjects studied in the Week are related to the objective of the course.
María Natalia Ochoa Battistini – Jan 2021
English V-4 On Line
Professor: María Natalia Ochoa
Week 3- Preliminary Instructions (from Jan 25 – Jan 29)
During this Week, we´ll be working on the following subjects:
Antecedent Agreement Rules
Run-ons, Comma Splices, and Fused Sentences
Capitalization Rules Online Class
Main general aspects:
Writing a Cover Letter – Digital Class presentation
Run-ons, Comma Splices, and Fused Sentences: Digital Class presentation
Antecedent Agreement Rules (Presentation in Power Point)
Run-on sentences, Comma Splices, Fused Sentences
1) Turn-in: Cover Letter DRAFT (Jan 28)
Copy the Google Doc link and paste it in the Assignment.
* Make sure to grant editing privileges to the professor (you must use my email
address email@example.com for editing purposes)
2) Quiz 1 (Jan 28)
Parallelism / Effective Business Writing / How to find a job in 6 simple steps/
Antecedent Agreement Rules.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.