Posted: November 28th, 2022
1. Classify each of the following as an element, a compound, or a mixture
b. Diamond (pure carbon)
c. Pure water (H2O)
d. Sea water
2. Identify each of the following as solid, liquid, or gas.
b. Air in a tire
c. hot tea in a cup
d. A bar of gold
e. water in a shower
3. Identify each of the following as a physical or chemical change.
a. Melting ice
b. Wood burns in wood stove
c. Wood is chopped for the fire place
d. In contact with the air, a copper pipe becomes green
e. When a bar of zinc is submerged in hydrochloric acid, a gas bubbles form this mixture
4. Classify the following mixtures as homogenous or heterogeneous
b. sugar completely dissolved in water
c. Water with sand
d. Steel (a mixture of iron and carbon)
5. Give the period and group numbers for each of the following
6. Write the name and symbol of the elements with the following atomic number
7. For the following atoms determine the number of protons, neutrons, and electrons.
8. Place the following elements in order of increasing atomic size
a. Ca, Ra, Be, Sr, Mg
b. Ge, Fe, Cr, Mo, Br
9. Classify the following elements as alkali metal, alkali earth metal, transition element or a halogen
10. Write the group number and electron arrangement for each of the following
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.