Evaluation Plan with Policy Recommendation
After a program has been created, it must be evaluated in order to determine its success. For this assignment, complete the following:
- Incorporate the changes to address the feedback received.
Use the feedback from your instructor to address pertinent sections for errors or insufficiencies. Implementing this feedback will help you draft this assignment and your course project.
- Discuss the program to be introduced to the selected population to address the specific public health problem or issue.
Assess population needs, assets, and capacities that affect communities’ health through epidemiological records and literature reviews. Explain activities and resources to be introduced and used for this program to change behaviors and health outcomes and why they are selected.
Describe the projected goals for the program.
Based on past studies and available data, analyze the projected expected effects of the program.
- Identify the engaged stakeholders.
Describe those involved, those affected, and the primary intended users.
- Gather credible evidence to substantiate the need for the program.
Identify past programs similar to the proposed program and the outcomes for those past programs.
Explain past study results and epidemiological data for similar programs implemented.
Justify conclusions on the past programs and provide lessons learned for implementing this program.
- Analyze how data will be collected from program participants and other relevant stakeholders to determine program effectiveness.
Identify what instruments will be used to collect data, such as surveys, focus group interviews, or key informant interviews.
Determine who will analyze the data and how the data will be analyzed.
- Propose policy recommendations.
Evaluate policies for their impact on public health and health equity. Discuss multiple dimensions of the policy-making process, including the roles of ethics and evidence.
Discuss dissemination and communication suggestions for the evaluation results both in writing and through oral presentation.
Explain how the results will be shared with key stakeholders and the community.
Identify how the results will inform future programs and how they can improve health outcomes.
View the scoring guide to ensure you fulfill all grading criteria.
- Length: A minimum of 10–12 double-spaced pages, not including title and reference pages.
- Font: Arial, 12 point.
- References: Cite at least eight references from peer-reviewed journals.
- Format: Use current APA style and formatting.
- Evaluation Plan with Policy Recommendation Scoring Guide.
- APA Style Paper Tutorial [DOCX].
- APA Style Paper Template [DOCX].
- Capella Writing Center.
- Public Health Intervention Plan.
- Capella University Library.
- State Policy Guide: Using Research in Public Health Policymaking.
- Public Health Masters Research Guide.
- Public Health Program Planning and Evaluation
- Advocate Interview
- APA Style and Format.
- State, Tribal, Local & Territorial Public Health Professional Gateway.
- Dashboard and Health Care Benchmark Evaluation