Key words: RETURN ON AD SPEND, BUSINESS BLOGGING, BLOG TRAFFIC &
REFERRAL SOURCES, INDIVIDUAL POST VIEWS, VISITOR-TO-LEAD
• Select two (2) key words
• Find one current event article related to each key word
• Read each article
• Write approximately half a page for each article summarizing the article, including how it
relates to the key word
• At the end, under a subtitle labeled “References”, include the citation of the articles used
• Acceptable formats: MS Word or PDF
This week’s video includes a discussion about IT backups and disaster recovery. Click on this link and read this article about the difference between data backups and disaster recovery.
Then answer these questions:
1. In your own words, provide short definitions of data backups, disaster recovery and the difference between them.
2. A recurring theme in this course is the same IT management concepts apply on both a large scale and on a personal scale. With this in mind, reflect upon how we have been using data and Excel and consider the additional time we will invest in developing more spreadsheets and working with more data throughout the semester. Then imagine yourself working with data and Excel and generating many spreadsheets after this class ends. Describe a “personal data disaster” you might experience that would require your own “personal disaster recovery.” Discuss your own personal data backup and disaster recovery plan to ensure you will quickly recover in the event you ever experience such a disaster.
White, J. (2015). What are the differences between backups and disaster recovery? Retrieved from