In preparation for this assignment, you will learn about one of the main tools that geographers use in representing spatial relationships. First, read the appendix to WRGC (pages A-1 through A-10). Then, view the following short videos:
1) “What is GIS?”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8RhDpuLPl0
2) “Why all world maps are wrong”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIID5FDi2JQ
One interesting way that people are beginning to use GIS is through the form of the “story map.” (Some of you, if you have experience with this already, may be producing story maps for your final projects.) To get an idea of what a story map looks like, browse Esri’s Story Map Gallery here:
For this short assignment, you will choose one of the story maps that you find in this “gallery” to respond to and analyze. In your assignment, answer the following:
1) Include a link to the story map that you have chosen.
2) In your own words, what is the story map about and who is its audience?
3) What do you think is most interesting about the way that the story map is set up? What are the strengths of this story map? What did you learn from this story map?
4) Analyze the story map. Do you have critiques of the particular story map? For example, questions you might consider include: Is it told from a certain perspective that leaves other perspectives out? Is there data or information that you wish it had that it doesn’t have? What do you think is missing from the story map? (What would you add?)
5) Include any other reflections/responses you have to the story map you chose, or to the form of story maps in general.
Upload your assignment as a doc, docx, or pdf file to
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more