Miss Evers Boys
Miss Evers Boys
Writing a movie review is a great way of expressing your opinion of a movie. The purpose of most movie reviews is to help the reader in determining whether they want to watch, rent or buy the movie. For this assignment you also need to explain how the movie increases your understanding of this communication research. Below are guidelines and tips for writing a good movie review.
Guidelines and tips:
1. Take notes while you watch the movie. Pay particular attention to concepts we have covered in class.
2. Consider who your likely readers are. Be sure to report on factors that matter to your likely audience. For this assignment your audience is adults interested in research ethics.
3. Give the outline of the movie, but don’t give away essential details such as the end or any surprises. If there is a big surprise you want to entice readers by telling them something special happens, just don’t say what.
4. Give your opinion of the movie. This is important because you can express the elements of the movie you enjoyed or disliked. However, as in all good journalism, you should also give impartial details and allow the reader to make up their own mind over an issue the reader liked or disliked. Opinions should be explained to allow the reader to determine whether they would agree with your opinion.
5. Discuss how the movie contributes to your understanding of concepts and theories from this course. For this movie review, explain the Belmont report and give at least one example from the movie that explains each principal of the Belmont report. You will have three examples? One for each principal, which are respect for persons, beneficence, and justiceI.E. The Belmont Report did not exist at the time of the Tuskegee Study. Give examples of what the researchers did that led to the Belmont Report.
You can watch the movie from the following link: