marriage essay, Psychology homework help Due Date: Mar 02, 2016
marriage essay, Psychology homework help
Due Date: Mar 02, 2016
Write an essay (1,250-1,500 words) analyzing marriage.
To frame the context, consider that, currently, the legal definition and composition of marriage is
changing globally and begs the question: “What constitutes a marriage?”
To complete this assignment, address the following:
1. Define and/or interpret marriage: to what extent is marriage culturally (religiously?) determined?
2. What are different forms of marriage (arranged, convenience, interracial, economic, political, domestic partnerships, etc.)?
3. Is there a particular form of marriage that you believe to be the “correct” one? If so, what do you base this on?
4. Marriage is not static: What in the human psyche makes the stages of marriage inevitable? Are the stages inevitable?
5. Those students who are married or cohabitating will reflect and evaluate the current stage of their marriage or relationship. Is the marriage consistent with respect to the defined stages?
6. Students who are single will reflect and evaluate the marital stage of someone they know. Is the marriage consistent with respect to the defined stages?
7. Considering the increasing divorce rates, is marriage necessary in contemporary society? Why do people continually engage in a “dying institution?”
8. Use the GCU eLibrary databases; include a minimum of five to six outside references or other resources for evidentiary support, one of which may include the textbook, podcast, or Website.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the
Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment;
therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.