Elementry Ethics – Choose any 4 out of 5 – Half page each – Due in 3 hours.
Answer FOUR doubts. Each doubt is value 10 points.
1. What are some of the features of Plato’s doctrine of fairness as set out
in his Republic? How can these features of fairness be applied to the
opposed views on distributive fairness according to the positions
developed by Rawls and Nozick?
2. Explain Aristotle’s three-way separation of cosmical operation as a)
voluntary, b) warranted and c) non-voluntary. Give examples of
each bark of operation. How can Aristotle’s doctrine of cosmical production be
applied to the three models of punishment: retributivism, deterrence,
3. Explain the affection and role of ‘spiritual sentiment’ in Hume’s outline
of force. What role, if any, is played by question in Hume’s account
of spiritual operation? In active of Hume’s doctrine, reconstruct the question
among Singer and Arthur.
4. Explain Kant’s two formulations of the ‘categorical imperative’
according to a) universalizability and b) non-instrumentalization.
How capacity these formulations be applied to the doubt of
preemptive interdiplomatic encounter. Give examples to elucidate these
5. What is Mill’s concept of the basic ethical rule according to
utilitarianism and what is his probation of this rule? What are Mill’s
views on the immunity of discourse and design and how do these shed
active on the question encircling pornography among Altman and Brison?