Svara, J. H. (2014). Who are the keepers of the code? Articulating and upholding ethical standards in the field of public administration. Public Administration Review, (74)5, 561-569.
Unit IV Assignment
Unit IV focuses on code of ethics.
For the assignment, Evaluate and perform an “Ethics Audit” using the following expectations:
1. Identify the organization, and include a “copy” of the code of ethics in your report. The code of ethics content does not count for the 500-word evaluation.
2. The outline of the assessment will be in a (paragraph) narrative format.
3. Review and identify all general themes that involve conduct and behavior application to all employees.
4. What types of evidence or impressions exist (or do not exist) that high moral standards are included in the code of ethics?
5. Provide reflection and examples if the document is clearly or vaguely written.
6. Cite four examples if the tone of the document is generic in nature or more customized according to the organization’s mission.
7. Provide evidence of infractions or sanctions if certain behaviors are not followed.
8. Present examples (of codes) that outside stakeholders will be provided the same consistent moral standards as employee expectations in the organization.
9. Provide a comprehensive summary that includes the focus and scope of codes:
Are they narrowly written or extremely focused?
Are the coverage of topics too detailed, too broad, or balanced?
Do the codes include the depth and breadth of social responsibility, or are they focused only on the organization’s mission?
Is the clarity of the language used easy to follow and understand by all levels of employees? Your response should be at least 500 words in length in APA style. All sources used must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more