Reflect on the following questions based on your teenage years. Respond to the questions at your comfort level. Your responses will not be submitted with your assignment.
- What type of music did you listen to? Did it have an influence on your personality?
- What type of relationship did you have with your parents or guardians?
- What were your interests and hobbies in life?
- Did you feel that adults considered your thoughts and feelings? Did they take you seriously?
- How well did you fit in with your peers?
- Where or from whom did you learn about sex?
- What were your comfortable feelings about your body?
- What embarrassed you?
- How did you do in school?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- Did you have troubled areas that reoccurred?
Write a 350- to 700-word self-analysis based on your answers. Include the following:
- Describe two to three challenges you experienced as an adolescent.
- Why do you consider these experiences developmental challenges?
- Which areas of development were affected by these challenges?
- How can identifying these challenges influence your effectiveness as a counselor?