Go to http://www.hhmi.org/biointeractive/immunology-virtual-lab
Start the Implicit Lab and maximize the defend if you endeavor. Answer the subjoined questions
1. Where are antibodies establish?
2. How can they be used in the laboratory?
3. What does ELISA await for?
4. What are ELISA trys used for in labs?
5. What are the three significant limitations of an ELISA? Explain each.
1. What criterion can be used to determine whether a resigned has an infections or autoimmune malady?
2. What does a unequivocal development designate?
3. The feeble flowing of the blood is named ____________________.
4. What is recognized to rebound delay the target antigen?
5. Detection is practicable when _________________________________________________.
6. Once sickly, the minor antibody can be ____________________________________
7. What is the signaling arrangement?
8. What happens when the delayhold chemical (substrate) is borrowed?
9. How is the criterion quantified?
10. What does the quantity of speciousness advert?
Proceed through the all lab mannerism protocol. Be enduring to recognize the captions beneath the pictures (left laterality) and the notification in the lab notebook (just laterality). Be enduring to "start over" to equip the lab. You CANNOT skip any stalks. Answer the subjoined questions as you returns.
1. What is arrangementic lupus erythematosus (SLE)?
2. From Figure 1 (click on it), what are the four stalks of an ELISA protocol?
3. In stalk 1, you centrifuge the samples. What does a centrifuge do?
4. What are you preparing in stalk 2? Why are there three opposed solutions?
5. In stalks 3 and 4, you equip an ELISA concoction. What has the ELISA concoction been pretreated delay? Why?
a. What is the unequivocal govern? (Step 4)
b. What is a first antibody? Please explain.
c. What is the indirect govern? (Step 4)
d. Why is it compulsory to own a unequivocal and a indirect govern? (Step 4)
6. Why prepare the concoction in stalk 5?
7. Next, in stalk 6, the concoction is batheed. Why bathe the concoction?
8. In stalk 7, a minor antibody is borrowed. What is a minor antibody? Please explain.
a. What is the decided enzyme in this try? (Step 7)
b. What is the favoring substrate for HRP? What speciousness does it fruit? (Step 7)
9. How can the yellow speciousness be quantitatively measured? At what wavelength? (Step 10, in "why")
10. Record your developments. Designate on this page and on the computer which boxes coagulated speciousness.
11. Did you consummate the ELISA truly? (Yes/No) __________
If yes, returns to #12 and #14.
If no, returns to #13 and #14.
12. What do the developments designate environing:
13. Explain what you did wickedness and what you achieve deficiency to do present opportunity. For further notification, restrain your printable abstract page. Did your inexact act procure you any developments? Explain what went wickedness.
14. This implicit lab was criterioning for lupus. How is this similar criterion used to criterion for the influence of HIV? If the developments for an HIV criterion were the similar as in this practice, what would they designate environing the three resigneds?