What is the amino acid sequence for
1. What is the amino acid sequence for the following mRNA sense transcript:
2. Which of the following is NOT true about eukaryotic translation initiation?
a. hydrolysis of EIF2-GTP causes this protein to disassociate from the 40S subunit
b. an ATPase, EIF4G, binds directly to the poly(A) tail
c. 43S complex scans along the mRNA to find the start codon
d. eIF1 binds to the E site on the 40S subunit
e. ALL of the above are true.
3. Which of the following is NOT a means by which mRNA degradation is affected?
a. the binding of proteins to rRNA, which triggers mRNA degradation
b. mRNA AU-rich elements (AREs) can bind factors that can change the rate at which mRNA is degraded
c. non-stop decay pathway
d. mRNA can create a hairpin structure preventing degradation
e. all of the above are means by which mRNA degradation is affected.
I know B and C are true, but not quite sure about the others.
4. Which of the following is a way that translational efficiency is controlled in some mRNA?
a. the 3’UTR maternal mRNA
b. LTR sequences help the RNA to bind protein factors to allow translation to occur more efficiency
c. binding of PUF family proteins to certain mRNA
d. TWO of the above are ways efficiency is controlled in some mRNA
d. ALL of the above are ways efficiency is controlled in some mRNA
5. Which of the following is an inhibitor of protein synthesis?
c. diphtheria toxin
e. ALL of the above are inhibitors of protein synthesis